Welcome to the 2019 Hwy 62 Open Studio
Art Tours Registration.
Sponsored by the Morongo Basin Cultural Arts Council (MBCAC), the Hwy 62 Open Studio Art Tours (Art Tours) is an opportunity for MBCAC members to showcase their creations to local, regional, and international visitors.
This year, the 2019 OSAT will take place over three weekends:
October 5-6, 12-13 and 19-20, 2019.
Artists are welcome to participate in any or all of the three weekends with no charge for the third. (Commissions to MBCAC remain 5% of total sales for all registered artists.)
Included with your Art Tours registration fee:
- Access to potentially over 10,000 customers.
- Average number of visitors to a studio in 2018 was 100 or more.
- Your artwork is displayed in a professionally designed catalog with a map to your studio.
- Media and press coverage for the Art Tours (local and regional).
- Artist profiles on the Art Tours website with an interactive map to help visitors navigate to your studio.
- Promotion of every artist on our social media streams.
- Participation in the annual Gallery 62 Collective Show in October, at which visitors can see art by nearly every Tours participant.
- Optional access to graphic design resources, for an additional charge.
- Signage directing visitors to your studio during Art Tours weekends.
- An official copy of the 2019 Art Tours poster.
Please complete a separate application for each individual member artist participating at a retail location or private studio. Only those locations or individual artists who register as official members of the MBCAC and Art Tours will be promoted in the catalog and elsewhere.
If the retail location or gallery you normally show at registers with MBCAC but you do not, then only that location gets officially promoted. (There is a limit of five registered artists at any one location.)
Upon registering, you will be sent an email with instructions for how to submit images, which are due by May 19.
Important: You must be a current member of the MBCAC. (Become a member here.)
Current members, please check your membership status as well before submitting your application or the system will not let you sign up.
All participating artists must be full or part-time residents of the Morongo Basin Communities.
Please note: Artists who do not live in the area, but who have participated in the Art Tours in one of the last three years may continue to participate.
Registration ends: April 30th.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the registrar Mitch Miller at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scroll down and click on the REGISTER button
at lower left to start your application.