Welcome to the 2020 Hwy 62 Open Studio Art Tours Registration.
Sponsored by the Morongo Basin Cultural Arts Council (MBCAC), the Hwy 62 Open Studio Art Tours (Art Tours) is an opportunity for MBCAC members to showcase their creations to local, regional, and international visitors.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration ends April 30th. (There will be no late registration period.)
If you have not yet seen the email “2020 Art Tours Registration Announced,” which includes important instructions to complete your registration, please request it from email@example.com first. Our Terms of Service have been updated to reflect this year’s changes, many outlined below, so please make sure to read them first.
This year, the 2020 OSAT will take place over three weekends, October 10-11th, 17-18th and 24-25th, 2020, with official hours of 10 - 5 pm each day. Artists are welcome to participate in any or all of the three weekends with no charge for the third.
Included with your Art Tours registration fee:
- No commissions on artwork sold during the tours (15% commission applies for anything sold in the annual collective show galleries.)
- Optional installment plan for registration fees.
- Access to potentially over 10,000 customers throughout the region.
- Your artwork is displayed in a professionally designed catalog with a detailed map with street and studio designations.
- Media and press coverage (print and radio) for the Art Tours (local and regional).
- Artist profiles on the Art Tours website with an interactive map to help visitors navigate to your studio.
- Promotion of every artist on our social media streams (Instagram and Facebook) and monthly newsletter.
- FREE participation in the annual Gallery 62/JTAG Collective Show in October, one of the best ways visitors can preview artwork by artists choosing to enter.
- Opportunity to also participate in the May preview show at Gallery 62 (additional fee applies).
- Optional access to graphic design resources and photography services for artwork (Additional fee applies.)
- Signage directing visitors to your studio during Art Tours weekends.
- FREE workshops to help artists promote and prepare for art tours. (Dates/times TBD.)
A few other things to be aware of:
- You must be a current MBCAC member at the time of Art Tours, and a full or part-time resident of the Morongo Basin.
- A separate application for each individual member artist participating at a studio is required. Only artists who register as official members of the MBCAC and Art Tours can be promoted in the catalog and elsewhere.
- There is a limit of five (5) registered artists at any one location, and the location must be the primary studio of the host.
- No retail or gallery spaces can participate as a Tours stop.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the registrar Mitch Miller at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scroll down and click on the REGISTER button at lower left to start your application.